List the parties' relationships.
Table 14: Parties—relationships (examples)
Facts about the parties' relationships sometimes raise issues about:
- duties of care (for example, a doctor's duties to a patient)
- fiduciary duties (such as a director's duties to a company)
- federal–state powers (for example, whether the central government can override state law)
- parental rights (such as a parent's rights to make decisions for the child)
- vicarious liability (such as an employer's liability for the employee's conduct)